About the Company:
COP Construction LLC ("COP"), established in 1947, is a general contractor working predominantly in Montana, Utah, Idaho and Wyoming. COP specializes in the following types of work: bridges, dams, concrete structures, water, sanitary sewer and storm drain utilities, water and sanitary sewer treatment plants, containment ponds, subdivisions, general site work, and recreational facilities. COP works successfully with clients in both the public and private sectors. We are driven by our commitment to safety, excellence and integrity. We employ approximately 200 full-time personnel with a diverse range of expertise. Many of our people have been with the company for decades. With access to this vast resource of experience and knowledge, we have the ability to create the perfect team for every project. Offices are located in Billings, MT, Salt Lake City, UT, and Sheridan, WY, with field offices at project sites.
COP offers Top Wages, bonuses and an excellent benefits package including company paid family health, dental and vision insurance. COP also offers an excellent 401k match, paid time off, holidays and much more!
About the Position:
The Field Safety Coordinator will oversee project safety compliance with company and refinery client safety standards. The Field Safety Coordinator will report administratively to the Area Safety Manager and functionally on a daily basis to the Project Superintendent.
• Function as a resource to the project management team on issues of safety and health by providing guidance on technical safety-related matters.
• Coordinate the safety efforts of the project, participates in jobsite meetings such as, pre-construction, coordination and planning, establish and maintain jobsite safety documentation and completes required reporting forms.
• Conduct safety audits of the project to ensure regulatory compliance and adherence to COP Construction’s and Client Safety Programs, policies and procedures.
• Conduct safety orientations, safety meetings, accident investigations, etc. as required or necessary, Facilitate/coordinate substance abuse testing as needed/required, conducts safety-related training as needed or required.
The position may require working more than 40 hours per week which may include weekends, to meet the project’s needs.
• Thorough understanding of applicable state and federal safety regulations and requirements.
• A minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
• 3-5 years of construction field safety experience in Heavy Civil, Petroleum Refining, and Industrial construction Safety is required.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
• The ability to demonstrate the application of risk assessment.
• Incident investigation skills.
• Leadership and conflict resolution skills.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Effective organizational skills.
• Degree in a safety related field a plus.
• OSHA 500 or 501.
• First-Aid & CPR Instructor.
Successful candidate must meet all conditions of COP's Drug and Alcohol testing requirements as a condition of employment. Drug/alcohol screening is administered post-offer and pre-employment.
COP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. COP complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), both the analysis of work and the position description must focus on essential functions and what are actually required and not the ways they are currently or customarily performed. “The term essential function means the fundamental job duties of the employment position the individual with a disability holds or desires.” (Reference 29 CFR §1630.2(n)(1).) The physical demands for this position is as follows: stretching, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling; reaching, handling, smelling, talking, hearing; seeing; or other demands.
COP participates in E-Verify